Chef's Recipe: Springtime Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria
Spring has arrived and there's no better time to try Chef Nathan's Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria! This refreshing recipe is the perfect addition to any spring get-together.
- 1 bottle of Walter Hansel rose of pinot noir
- 2 pints of strawberries
- 3 stalks of rhubarb
- 1/4 cup cointreau orange liquor
- 8 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 pink peppercorn
- 1 orange (jucie and zest)
1. Remove stems from the strawberries and cut ¾ in half. Dice the remaining strawberries.
2. Cut 2 of the stalks of rhubarb into medium sized cubes. Cut 1 of the stalks of Rhubarb into a small dice.
3. Combine the small diced rhubarb, strawberry halves and pink peppercorn with half of the cointreau and
reserve to the side.
4. Combine sugar, thyme, diced strawberries, orange, zest, and Rhubarb in large serving pitcher. Allow fruit to sweat for 1 hour. Add quantro and wine and let set for 1 hour.
5. In highball glass add crushed ice and 2 tablespoons of the strawberry, rhubarb, peppercorn mix. Top with wine infusion, stir and enjoy.
For more food and cocktail recipes and ideas, visit us on Pinterest.